Bible Camping, Inc. Doctrinal Statement
- Preamble: Bible Camping, Inc. and its organizations of ministry, Red Cliff Bible Camp and Summit Trails Unlimited, were created to minister to the Church of Jesus Christ and specifically seeks to identify with the independent Baptist churches in its area. Thus, while Bible Camping, Inc. is not and will not become a church, it behooves this organization to declare itself with a specific form of doctrine and polity. Therefore, while campers are welcome to attend either Red Cliff Bible Camp or Summit Trails Unlimited from any church background, Bible Camping, Inc. will teach Bible doctrine consistent with the Baptist distinctives.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God, without error in the original autographs.II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:20, 21.
- We believe in one God, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.Deuteronomy 6:4; Ephesians 5:18; Matthew 28:19, 20.
- We believe in the creation of the world and mankind by the direct command of God.Genesis 1:1; Hebrews 1:2; John 1:1-3.
- We believe that all men have sinned and come short of Godâ€™s glory. For salvation of the lost, regeneration by the Holy Spirit through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ is absolutely essential.Romans 3:23, 9, 22, 25; Titus 3:5.
- We believe in justification by faith alone, realizing that it is impossible for man through works to save himself.Ephesians 2:8, 9; Romans 3:21-25.
- We believe in the deity and virgin birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, that He died upon the cross as a substitutionary sacrifice for the sin of the world, that He arose bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven, from whence He will return with power and glory.Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:22, 23; I John 2:2; I Corinthians 15:3, 4; Acts 1:11; Matthew 24:30.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is directly active in convicting men of sin, regenerating those who believe, and in empowering them for living and service. We believe that the filling of the Spirit is to be a continuing process and is evidenced by the exaltation of Christ in the life. We believe that He is responsible for progressive growth in Christian maturity.John 16:8, 9; Titus 3:5; I Corinthians 12:13; II Corinthians 3:18; John 16:3, 4.
- We believe that the local church is a congregation of believers baptized by immersion in water and associated by a covenant of faith and fellowship of the Gospel. Thus this camp ministry, seeking to assist the local churches, does not administer the ordinances of the Gospel, nor in any way hold itself to be a substitute for the local church in organization or in the lives of the believers.I Corinthians 1:2; Galatians 1:2; II Thessalonians 4:13-17, 5:9.
- We believe in life after death, both for the just and the unjust, in the bodily resurrection of the unsaved unto everlasting conscious separation from God. We believe that a literal interpretation of Scripture sets forth the following future events: the rapture of the Church, the great tribulation, the 1000 year earthly reign of Jesus Christ, the great white throne judgment, and the new heavens and new earth.Daniel 12:2; Matthew 25:46; Revelation 3:10, 20;6, 11-15, 21:1; I John 5:11; I Thessalonians 4:13-17, 5:9.